Posted on: 28 August 2017
When it comes to opening and closing your garage door, you, and most likely your neighbors, want the task itself to be as quiet as possible. For this reason, it's important to consider these five ways to achieve a quiet garage door:
- Replace the Rollers: Once the rollers on the garage door become worn, it's going to make opening and closing the garage door a much louder task. This is because the rollers will not be gliding on the track, but instead scraping up against it metal on metal because the nylon will be worn. Always check to see if the rollers are worn and replace them upon noticing signs that they are.
- Install a Rubber Belt Drive: Whenever you need to replace the opener of the garage door, always choose a rubber belt drive versus a chain opener. Chain openers are significantly louder simply because the chains will clang against one another.
- Tighten Bolts: Every once in a while, you want to inspect the garage door and look for any loose bolts. While tightening them won't improve sound significantly, if there are enough of them loose, your garage door will shake more, causing a bit of a louder noise.
- Lubricate: Speaking of inspecting your garage door, this is also a good time to lubricate all the moving parts and the track. This way everything moves smoothly against one another. If there is enough tension, it's going to make your garage door louder when in operation.
- Install an Insulated Garage Door: If you ever replace your garage door itself, always be sure that you are choosing an insulated garage door. This is going to be much quieter when in operation compared to one that doesn't have insulation. The weather stripping should also be significantly padded to prevent the garage door from slamming shut on the garage floor.
- Hire Professionals: If you feel that your garage door is still too noisy when in operation, it's best to hire professionals who can provide further inspection. From here, they can either make necessary repairs that you may have overlooked or help you add certain features to your current garage door that may improve the noise level.
When you consider these six ways to achieve a quieter garage door, you can definitely be sure that operating it won't be so embarrassing or annoying to your neighbors and the rest of the people who live in your home. If you're interested in more information, check with companies like Shank Door.Share