Posted on: 28 January 2015
Hardwood flooring has been around for centuries. There's a good reason for that. As other types of flooring come and go, hardwood retains its timeless beauty and offers a myriad of other benefits, not the least of which is being easy to take care of.
Benefits of hardwood flooring
1. Easy maintenance. Hardwood flooring is easy to keep clean. All you have to do is sweep it regularly and mop it periodically with a water/vinegar solution. In addition, this type of flooring doesn't absorb spills like carpet and tile grout can or wear down in heavy traffic areas like laminate and vinyl flooring can. Because it's so easy to care for, hardwood is a particularly good choice for families with small children and/or pets.
2. Improved air quality. Dust, pet hair and other allergens don't stick to or become embedded in hardwood flooring like they can with carpeting. This makes hardwood a good option for households with someone suffering from asthma, chronic bronchitis or COPD.
3. Durability. The average hardwood floor lasts for generations. A hardwood floor can be sanded down and refinished several times before having to be replaced. What's more, hardwood flooring never goes out of style. It looks as current today as it did 200 years ago.
4. Increased home value. More than half of all home buyers are willing to pay extra for a home with hardwood flooring, according to a study by USA Today. They estimate that the average home buyer will pay $2,080 more for hardwood flooring. That means that hardwood not only enhances the beauty of your home today, but it increases your home's value when it comes time to put it on the market.
5. Versatility. Hardwood flooring is available in dozens of wood types, from pine to cherry to exotic woods like ebony and mahogany. You can find a hardwood species to coordinate with most any decor or architectural style.
6. Repairable. If you have a problem with a section of your hardwood floor, such as from a scratch, this type of flooring can be repaired. You only have to replace the affected board and refinish the section of the floor. When there's an issue with a carpeted floor, the entire room of carpeting has to be replaced.
While hardwood flooring may not be the right choice for every home and every homeowner, this type of flooring is beautiful, easy to take care of and long lasting. It's certainly worth considering.
For more information, contact Alpine Wood Flooring Inc. or a similar company.Share